Friday, December 25, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Show title: La Primavera
Show Music to be drawn from:
- Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" - you tube
- Copland's "Appalachian Spring" - you tube
- Vivaldi's "Spring" from The Four Seasons - you tube
Rehearsals will be Monday evenings in Jan, Feb, and March. All contests are in March. Several basketball-halftime performances will be in Feb. Instructors TBA.
Here we go Cougars, here we go!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Much has happened with the Cougar Band recently including:
- jazz band playing in the halls
- Greg Canfield subbing for Mr. R (his first sub job ever!- yea!)
- Winter Drum line sign-up netting 16 names - music being written over break :-)
- Christmas Carols in the halls at lunch - featuring Mr. Anderson's original song
- Solo & Ensemble entries - 16 entries
- recording of scales and etudes onto CD during class
- Percussion class performed with Choir and Orchestra (2 concerts!)
- Sub-Committee formed for Spring Tour (think Disneyland)
Wow! I'm tired and happy. The Cougar Band has had a magnificent Fall. Here comes Winter.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
I hope to get much done with regard to itinerary, meals, hotel selection, budget, and payment plan. Also, a draft of the letter to parents explaining the trip and payment schedule.
See you there.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
p.s. pep band last night at game was fun....jazz band rhythm section and a horn section.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thanks to all. Great things are in store for the Cougar Band.